Daniel L. Schmid Named Texas Rising Star for Third Consecutive Year04/29/2019
DiNovo Price LLP fifth-year associate Daniel Schmid has been named a 2019 Texas Rising Star for the third year in a row.To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be 40 years old or younger or in practice 10 years or less. The selection process is based upon nominations from fellow attorneys and peers who were previously honored as Rising Stars and an extensive review process by Super Lawyers.
The 2019 Texas Rising Stars list is published by Thomson Reuters’s legal division in the April 2019 issues of both Texas Monthly magazine and the Texas Rising Stars edition of Super Lawyers magazine. Fewer than 2.5 percent of all Texas lawyers earn the Texas Rising Stars distinction.
Daniel Schmid graduated from the University of Texas School of Law and joined DiNovo Price LLP as an associate in 2014. Mr. Schmid’s practice focuses on intellectual property and antitrust litigation and he is also a registered Patent Attorney.
Mr. Schmid’s representative matters include:
- Parity Networks v. Juniper Networks, Inc. et al. (Northern District of California and Western District of Texas)-Serving as counsel for plaintiff in patent litigation relating to network communications against a manufacturer of networking products.
- Infinity Computer Products (Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, New York and Kentucky, the Central District of California and the District of Delaware)- Serving as counsel for a plaintiff computer products company in patent litigation against the leading manufactures of multifunction printers.
- Bandspeed, LLC (Eastern and Western Districts of Texas)-Serving as counsel for a plaintiff telecommunications company in patent litigation relating to adaptive frequency hopping technology against several manufacturers and providers of microchips.
- No Magic, Inc. v. Thales E-Security., et al. (Eastern District of Texas)–Served as counsel for a plaintiff software company in patent litigation relating to data encryption against several manufacturers of hardware security modules.
- ComCam International, Inc. v. AT&T Corp., et al. (Eastern District of Texas)–Serving as counsel for a plaintiff company in patent litigation relating to video-based monitoring systems against several manufacturers and providers of home security systems.
- In re Dental Supplies Antitrust Litigation (Eastern District of New York)–Served as counsel for plaintiff in proposed class action on behalf of dental practices and laboratories against the three largest dental supply and equipment distributors in the United States, alleging the distributors fixed price margins, pressured manufacturers to boycott competitors, and agreed not to poach each other’s employees.
About Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters company, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. This selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
DiNovo Price LLP is an Austin-based law firm that handles intellectual property and antitrust litigation nationwide. DiNovo Price represents inventors, public corporations, privately-held businesses, and consumers, both individually and in class actions.