PRACTICE AREASIntellectual Property Litigation
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 2014)
- Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal
- Vice-President of the Intellectual Property Law Society
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Business Foundations Minor, 2010)
- Judicial Intern to The Honorable Caroline M. Craven of the Eastern District of Texas, 2012
LICENSES & ADMISSIONS
- Licensed in Texas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Austin Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Mr. Schmid’s practice focuses on all aspects of patent litigation. He has experience with infringement and invalidity contentions, claim construction and Markman hearings; mediations; preparation of expert reports; depositions of expert and fact witnesses; and drafting and negotiating license agreements.
Mr. Schmid was named a “Texas Rising Star” 2017-2020.
Mr. Schmid has also prosecuted patents in a range of technical disciplines, including software, mechanical, and biomedical applications, has handled a patent licensing dispute in the Delaware Court of Chancery, and has experience in copyright and antitrust litigation.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Schmid worked as a Research Engineer for The University of Texas Center for Electromechanics.
His work there focused on the commercialization and development of an oil extraction process for the production of algal biofuels.